Who doesn’t enjoy a mince pie around the festive season? Well, I didn’t until recently when I made my own! 2016 I have become a mince pie convert!
These are a perfect treat for 3.5 syns, a perfect way to end a festive meal!
Pre-heat your oven to 160C or gas 3
112g Plain Flour
- Put the flour into a bowl and add the butter. Crumble the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add cold water gradually and mix into the breadcrumb mix until combined into a ball of dough.
- Roll the dough out and use a 7cm circle cutter to cut out 16 circles.
- Place the pastry circles into a cupcake tin. Add half a tbsp of mincemeat to each. If there is any remaining pastry, use a cutter to cut out a shape you like and add to each mince pie.
- Bake the mince pies in the oven at 160C until golden brown.