Seen as it is October, we should really make the most of having pumpkins available in the supermarkets!
So I have made a pumpkin spice latte, now I have made some spicy pumpkin soup to enjoy with it! It is completely syn free so you can enjoy it all throughout October without feeling guilty (RIP Jack).
1 Small – Medium size Pumpkin
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
A couple of sprigs of thyme
Fat Free Yogurt
1. Chop the pumpkin into quarters and scrape out the seeds in the middle (you can dry these out if you like pumpkin seeds!). Chop the carrot and the onion roughly and place into a large roasting tin along with the quartered pumpkin.
2. Spray the vegetables with low cal spray (or use olive oil), season with salt and pepper and sprinkle on the chilli flakes (as much as you like) and place in the oven at about 200C for 25 minutes (or until the pumpkin and vegetables are soft).
3. Once the vegetables are soft, scoop the pumping out into a saucepan and scrape the carrot and onion in too.
4. Cover the vegetables with water and add the stock cube and the thyme and bring to the boil. Once boiled place into a blender or use a hand blender and whizz up until smooth (if the soup looks very thick just keep adding water until it is at a consistency you like).
5. Add as much or as little yogurt as you like (to make it a little creamier) and taste to check flavour. Add more chilli flakes if you would like it spicier.
6. The soup is now ready to serve!
The soup will keep for between 5-7 days in a fridge and if you are following Slimming World the soup is also SP friendly!
I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you do try it let me know on my social media (all of which are linked at the bottom of the page: Instagram, Facebook & Twitter)