One of my favourite things, ever.
So I have put together my recipe for my trusty Slimming World Lasagne. I want to point out this is my ‘on plan’ lasagne, nothing beats a proper scratch made lasagne with fresh pasta and fresh béchamel sauce. mmm
As I can’t stand the yogurt and egg mix as a replacement for the white sauce, I chose to use a packet white sauce, in particular the Sainsbury’s one, which made up per 100ml is 3.5 syns. The whole packet made up is 10.5 syns.
2.5 Syns + Healthy Extra A
(Add 6 syns if not using HEXA choice)
400g Beef 5% Fat Mince
2 Tins Plum Tomatoes
1 Red Onion
1 Beef Stock Cube
1 Bouquet Garni
120g Cheddar Cheese
1 Packet Sainsbury’s White Sauce
300ml Semi-Skimmed Milk
Dry Lasagne Sheets
1. Pre heat your oven to 180C or gas mark 4
2. Finely dice the onion and add it to a heavy based pan, fry for a couple of minutes until softened then add the mince meat. Fry until the mine has fully browned.
3. Add the tin tomatoes, stock cube, Worcester sauce (as much as you like) and herbs and stir in.
4. Let the mix come to a boil then turn the heat down and let it simmer for at least 20 minutes.
5. While the mince mix is simmering, to make the white sauce combine the milk and the contents of the packed in a small saucepan and whisk continuously until it comes to the boil and slightly thickens.
6. Grate the cheese and add about 1/3 to the white sauce mix, along with a grating of nutmeg and some black pepper, set aside.
7. Once the mince mix has reduced and thickened, turn the heat off and start layering the lasagne. Place some meat at the bottom of the dish, place enough lasagne sheets to cover the sauce, but don’t over fill it, followed by a couple of spoons of the white cheesy sauce. Repeat this until you have non of the mince left and you finish with a layer of white sauce.
8. Sprinkle over the remaining 2/3 of cheese and place into the oven.
9. Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden and the lasagne sheets are cooked through.
10. Serve with a big salad, and garlic bread.
I have done a video tutorial on how to make this if you would like to watch, it is linked here