Banana Bread is a firm favourtie in our household, and when I saw some bananas that were looking a little past their best in the fruit bowl, I knew exactly what to do with them.
And this is where I share this recipe with you, sometimes I make a caramel or butterscotch sauce to drizzle over the top of the banana bread, but that is when I am going all out. This time I was letting the banana bread stand alone, because it’s really that tasty it doesn’t need anything else!
150g Light Brown Sugar
200g Self- Raising Flour
3 Ripe Bananas
Vanilla Bean Paste (or extract, essence etc)
Pre-Heat the oven to 150C
Line a loaf tin with baking paper
1.Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add 1 egg and half the flour and mix in
3. Add the second egg and the rest of the flour with the vanilla and thoroughly mix
4. Mash the bananas in a separate bowl, then add these to the butter and flour mix
5. Pour the mix into your lined loaf tin and place in the oven for about 50 minutes
6. Check the banana bread after 50 minutes by inserting a knife or skewer into the middle, and if it comes out clean then take it out, if it is still wet leave it in for another 10 minutes. (the cooking time will vary dependant on your oven)
7. Leave to cool and enjoy (unless you can’t wait then eat it warm!)