I LOVE chocolate and cherry – and this Slimming World dessert is one of my favourite home makes when following Slimming World.
Pre Heat oven to 180C
Makes between 6-8 portions
6 Large Eggs (0)
100g Caster Sugar (18)
50g Cocoa Powder (9)
100g Cherry Pie Filling (5)
- Separate the eggs into two bowls, a large bowl with the egg whites in and a smaller bowl with the egg yolks in.
- Into the egg yolks add the caster sugar, sweetener and sift the cocoa powder. Mix all together, if the mix is slightly stiff add in a drop of water.
- Whisk the egg whites to a stiff peak. Once the whites are whisked fold into the egg yolk/sugar/cocoa mixture.
- Pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until risen and springy to the touch. (dependant on your oven)
- Leave to cool on a cooling rack. Once half cooled flip onto a sheet of baking paper and leave to fully cool.
- To make the filling mix quark, sweetener and vanilla in a bowl. Half and remove the stone from the fresh cherries.
- Once the sponge is cool spread the quark mix, followed by the cherry pie filling, then the fresh cherries.
- Roll the roulade up and place onto a serving platter.
- Decorate with remaining quark and cherries, and dust with cocoa powder.
I have also made a Youtube video with a tutorial if you would like to watch click here.
The syns for the roulade are 4.5 if cut into 8 and 5.5 if cut into 6.
I hope you enjoy making this and enjoy eating it even more!